1100 AJ Amsterdam
AFAPAC is a non-governmental and a non-profit community based foundation. It came into being in 1993 to serve the particular needs of the increasing population of African from South of the Sahara region, now living in the Netherlands. The Foundation lays particular emphasis on the promotion of preventive activities related to HIV/AIDS and other sexually-transmitted diseases.
AFAPAC was established within the framework of the Dutch National Aids Prevention and Control Policy as it affects the migrant population in the Netherlands.
The objectives of the Foundation are as follows:
- to initiate effective educational programmes for HIV/AIDS and other STDs and disseminate them among the African Community irrespective of their residence status.
- To make available to the target population culturally-sensitive health promotion programmes.
- To advise, guide and support HIV/AIDS patients and their dependents within the African Community.
- To provide Pre- and Post-Test Counseling, that is ethnocentric to Africans and which takes into account the cultural and ethnic differences of the clients.
- To be a support and contact point for the existing HIV/AIDS network throughout the Netherlands. This means promoting the cultural sensitivity of AIDS education in the Netherlands.
Dr. K.A.Adanse- Pipim
Tel: +31 (0)20 600 3454
Fax: +31(0)20 600 6269